thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jake Farrell <jfarr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: heartbeats for thrift server
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 03:01:46 GMT
Push requires an end point and what is the logic if that end point goes
down or you want multiple end point locations for redundancy. Push adds
more logic and unnecessary code into the server than needed.

Poll keeps this part of the server simple by only having to report the
metrics configured and asked for. You can have as many polling clients and
they can connect as needed and handle any specific logic individually
rather than within the server.

-Jake