thrift-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Chambers <mchamb...@wetafx.co.nz>
Subject Re: Thrift C++ question
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 22:21:20 GMT

Actually, your right, I can.  My hassle is that its quite a bit of code
duplication (we have a large API) but I can just make a macro.

Thanks,
Matt

On 19/06/12 10:14, Mark Slee wrote:
> Are you asking about a C++ client? Why can't you apply the same technique as you're doing
with Python?

> If you get a TTransportException, the right thing to do is to close and discard the transport
as it may no longer be in a reliable state, then try again if so desired (ideally with some
logic to prevent infinite retry loops in a non-intermittent failure scenario).

> Another way of asking, what is the hassle you're encountering that seems specific to
C++?