thrift-user mailing list archives

From Piscium <grok...@gmail.com>
Subject usage without RPC
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2012 09:46:07 GMT
I am looking at Thrift to see if I can use it in a little project of
mine. So far I built Thrift without errors, but have not tested it
yet. And I went through the documentation on the wiki.

I have a couple of questions.

Thrift generates RCP code for client and server. I don't need that. I
am just looking for a tool that I can use to serialize and deserialize
to a string. Can I use Thrift for this narrow purpose? If yes, what
would be the equivalent of SerializeToString in Protocol Buffers?

>From what I read it should be possible to serialize in a C++ function
and desirialize in a C function. Many languages are supported in
Thrift. Is the support for C_GLIB as good and stable as that for C++
for my intended narrow purpose of serializing to a string?