thrift-user mailing list archives

From Brian G <naptowndev...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Thrift to get response from Solr and consume in C#
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 20:05:04 GMT
Admittedly I'm new to this, but the project we're working on feeds results
from Solr to an ASP.net application (C#).  Currently we are using XML, but
our payloads can be rather large, some up to 17MB.  We are looking for a
way to minimize that payload and increase performance and I'm curious if
there's anything anyone has been working out that creates a binary response
that can be read by C# (similar to the javabin response built into Solr).

Someone mentioned to us that Thrift may be an option, and I've seen
comments on Etsy using Thrift with Solr, but they are focusing on Java.
Other than that, I'm having trouble find any examples (real world or
theoretical) that would help determine if Thrift is a viable option in this
scenario, and if so, what all we would need to do in order to implement it.

Any help and direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!