thrift-user mailing list archives

From <Prabakaran.Natara...@cognizant.com>
Subject RE: Thrift Business Case
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 05:22:11 GMT
Thank You.

What is the type of application you are building? Why are you using
Erlang?

Thanks and Regards
Prabakaran.N

-----Original Message-----
From: Dmitriy Kargapolov [mailto:dmitriy.kargapolov@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:21 PM
To: user@thrift.apache.org
Subject: Re: Thrift Business Case

I guess most of the users are too busy or too lazy to provide detailed
answer to this...
Would you create some sort of online survey with simple clear questions
and possible answers, and with ability to view final statistics, this
would work much better for everyone...

Regarding subject - we're using Thrift to communicate between Erlang app

and its (very simple) port implemented in Java (for sake of Oracle AQ
client functionality). Simple custom Thrift transport over Erlang port
IO implemented. So the main reasons: flexibility and fast development
with low level of efforts.

On 07/26/2011 02:28 AM, Prabakaran.Natarajan@cognizant.com wrote:
> Hi
>

> In which are all the scenario or actual business case where Thrift is
> being used and why?
>

> Can you please help?
>

> Example: You could say "I using Erlang for my Social network app for
so
> and so reason - and want to use PHP for web layer for so and so
reason"
> .. like this what is your case and what is your business...
>

> Thanks and Regards
>
> Prabakaran.N
>
> Architect - Technology, GTO - SOA CoE
>
> Cognizant Technology Solutions, BTP, Bangalore
>
> Mobile:+91-9739386923; Vnet: 58157; Direct: +91-80-30748157
>

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
information.
> Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on
this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

all copies of the original message.