thrift-user mailing list archives

From Joel Meyer <joel.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thrift - who is using
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 20:20:00 GMT
On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 1:37 AM, <Prabakaran.Natarajan@cognizant.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> I want to know who is using thrift,

We (OpenX) use it extensively.

> what are typical problems faced by
> using thrift

I don't remember encountering many problems (we started using it late in
2008). We use the Java, Erlang, and PHP libraries.

> and I also want to know how to load balance thrift services

We're using HAProxy to load-balance between a pool of back-ends. I've
written some libraries for Java and Erlang that make it easy to re-use
connections and get dynamically resizing pools based on traffic volumes and
back-end response times.

HTH,
Joel