thrift-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Pathak <dinesh.pat...@gmail.com>
Subject open condition for Non blocking socket
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:20:49 GMT
Hi,
   I am writing a client which uses Non blocking socket. I am using socket
pool to reuse sockets. The problem is if the thrift server goes down and
comes back up, then client gives error in sending message to server. Reason
is, the socket actually got disconnected, but TNonBlockingSocket.isOpen(),
still returns true. How do I check if the socket is still connected to the
server ? Also, what method can be used to validate the socket while getting
it from pool ? TNonBlockingSocket.isOpen() returns true only if socket is
also connected, while TNonBlockingSocket.open() opens only underlying
socketChannel and not the socket. Thanks.