thrift-user mailing list archives

From Jools <jool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thrift - who is using
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 07:53:02 GMT
Hi

We've (AssessTech) have been using thrift for the last 2 years or so.

I want to know who is using thrift, what are typical problems faced by
> using thrift and I also want to know how to load balance thrift services

We have written a custom discovery lay based on bonjour which allows us to
route client requests to an applicable service instance.

Our thrift servers manage quite a hefty load, and so far we've never had any
issues with it.

In terms is issues 'using' Thrift, the only issues have come as a result of
language limitations which have guided our use of thrift.

We use the java, php and cocoa (on osx and iOS) bindings.

Cheers,

--Jools