thrift-user mailing list archives

From chang liu <liuchan...@gmail.com>
Subject Does thrift support one-client communicating with multi-servers?
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 05:04:59 GMT
Hi,

I have a cluster of servers running the same service but with different
data, an aggregator acting as a client in front of the cluster communicats
to all of the servers and collects data from each service, so the client
gets a data set finally. I am going to use thrift as the RPC framework.

the service defination is below:
service MyService {
    Data call(1:Param param);
}

But the generated code only has the method I defined, I wish some method
like this:
List<Data> callMulti(1:Param param);
to be generated from the defination above. Maybe there is also necessary to
have some TTransport implementation like TMultiServerTransport.

Is there any way to archive this?

Any Advice will be appropriated.