thrift-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Kargapolov <dmitriy.kargapo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thrift Business Case
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 15:51:02 GMT
I guess most of the users are too busy or too lazy to provide detailed
answer to this...
Would you create some sort of online survey with simple clear questions
and possible answers, and with ability to view final statistics, this
would work much better for everyone...

Regarding subject - we're using Thrift to communicate between Erlang app
and its (very simple) port implemented in Java (for sake of Oracle AQ
client functionality). Simple custom Thrift transport over Erlang port
IO implemented. So the main reasons: flexibility and fast development
with low level of efforts.

On 07/26/2011 02:28 AM, Prabakaran.Natarajan@cognizant.com wrote:
> Hi
>

> In which are all the scenario or actual business case where Thrift is
> being used and why?
>

> Can you please help?
>

> Example: You could say "I using Erlang for my Social network app for so
> and so reason - and want to use PHP for web layer for so and so reason"
> .. like this what is your case and what is your business...
>

> Thanks and Regards
>
> Prabakaran.N
>
> Architect - Technology, GTO - SOA CoE
>
> Cognizant Technology Solutions, BTP, Bangalore
>
> Mobile:+91-9739386923; Vnet: 58157; Direct: +91-80-30748157
>

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
> If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
> Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying
of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.