thrift-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Emmenlauer <ma...@emmenlauer.de>
Subject Re: Erlang - dead or alive?
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2020 19:21:28 GMT

On 04.12.20 19:33, Sergey Yelin wrote:
> I’ve fixed Erlang tests https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/2290 <https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/2290>

Great Sergey! Its highly appreciated.

You also mention you have more local changes. Do you want to try and
get them merged into master? I guess currently not many people can review
the changes thoroughly (at least I certainly can't). But especially if
they are bug fixes, or enhancements that you have thorough experience
with, it may be worth a shot?

All the best,

    Mario

>> On 4 Dec 2020, at 11:26, Sergey Yelin <elinsn@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> We are using Erlang Thrift but from our fork (we need some features which are not
in main stream yet).
>> So were I can look into CI results?
>>
>>> On 4 Dec 2020, at 11:14, Jens Geyer <jensg@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Morning,
>>>
>>> are there any Erlang people interested in using and more importantly maintaining
the Thrift Erlang bindings?

>>> Otherwise, if no interest is in it anymore, we may as well propose to deprecate
it. The CI fails on Erlang for months now, which is – sorry – not acceptable.