thrift-dev mailing list archives

From Simon South <si...@simonsouth.net>
Subject Stepping down as committer
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2020 16:27:22 GMT
Just a heads-up to everyone that I intend to step down as a committer to
the Thrift project.

I had previously contributed a number of changes to the C (GLib)
implementation but as I have not had the need to use Thrift in my own
work for quite some time now, it makes little sense to continue to
associate my name with the project.

I've seen some thoughtful improvements to the C implementation in the
past few months so I'm comfortable knowing that portion of the codebase
is in good hands. Meanwhile, the tutorial[0] preserves my best advice to
someone getting started using Thrift in that language.

Thank-you to you all, and I wish you all the best with the project.

[0] https://thrift.apache.org/tutorial/c_glib.html

--
Simon South
simon@simonsouth.net