thrift-dev mailing list archives

From "Jens Geyer" <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject status of CMake support
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2020 20:19:42 GMT

> I had an impression that CMake is able to build the compiler and the c++ library at least

I didn't say it does not work. I said it had never been completed to the point where we can
drop the autotools based build system entirely. And I also said that the promises made in
the past are obviously also not yet implemented, otherwise there would be no point in asking
for appropriate support of it.

Nobody needs two build systems. Except Thrift. Because we can. This paragraph may contain
traces of irony.

Have fun,
JensG