thrift-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Using Thrift 0.12.0 generated code with Boost 1.70.0?
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2019 10:31:18 GMT
Ah ok....

In that case we'll leave thrift out of the cpp part till that version is released. We don't
want to introduce dependencies to unreleased stuff.

Do you have an idea to when 0.13.0 will be released?

Chris

Holen Sie sichOutlook für Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

________________________________
From: James E. King III <jking@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 12:57:27 AM
To: dev@thrift.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using Thrift 0.12.0 generated code with Boost 1.70.0?

Those boost predef deprecation fixes would be in master, and will be
in 0.13.0 when it is released.
In this project master accumulates changes between releases, then we
tag and release.

- Jim

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 6:52 PM Christofer Dutz
<christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Is there any released version which contains these fixes? Cause I thought 0.12.0 is the
latest one and that's the one I'm using. Or were the changes you are referring to merged to
master without a release?

> Chris
>
> Holen Sie sichOutlook für Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

it took quite a lot of time to fix all the problems with building thrift and boost in our
project.
> > Now I’m having problems building c++ thrift code. I guess the issue is that we’re
using Boost 1.70.0 and there seem to be issues with Thrift using some deprecated boost features
(usage of some BOOST_*_ENDIANES constants).

> > Is a Boost 1.70.0 compatible version of Thrift going to be released soon or is there
a way to avoid the build from failing due to these deprecation errors?

> > Help greatly appreciated. Till we can sort this out we’ll just disable the proxy
driver in C++ (A PLC4X driver using Thrift to talk to a proxy server)