thrift-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Geyer <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Remove compiler plug-in mode
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2019 08:16:18 GMT

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
From: James E. King III
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019 5:07 AM
To: dev@thrift.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] Remove compiler plug-in mode

I'd like to call a vote on removing the plug-in mode for the compiler.  It
has caused problems with the build in the past and causes a build-time
branch that must be supported, and to the best I can ascertain it is not
used.  Anyone with a custom generator will build a compiler that uses it.
No distributions package a plug-in compiler,  In all our CI builds except
for one we disable it.

Please vote:

[x] +1 Remove the plug-in compiler mode.

This vote will conclude in 72 hours from now at Wednesday January 16, 11:00
PM EST/US (I believe that would be 03:00 AM on Thursday January 17).  PMC
member votes are binding, all others are non-binding.