thrift-dev mailing list archives

From "James E. King, III" <jk...@apache.org>
Subject Thrift 0.11.0, Maven, Need Help
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2018 14:22:02 GMT
Looking for a Java / Maven expert to resolve this issue.

Our current build process is ant based with a maven task plug-in which is
no longer maintained.  This was used to create the pom and distribute to a
maven repo.  I do not know enough about maven packging or the ecosystem to
be really effective here, so someone needs to step up.

Anyone who does work on this should:

   1. Pull in https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1456/files
   2. Simplify the list of developers simply to:
      1. id = dev
      2. name = Thrift Developers
      3. email = dev@thrift.apache.org
   3. Provide instructions on how to build and publish to maven.

Please see: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-4413
I linked as many related issues to it as I can.
It is blocking other Apache projects from moving forward.

If possible also look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-4120
If we switch how we package or build, that should also be resolved.

- Jim