thrift-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Geyer <jensge...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Release procedures for third party package managers
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 19:06:09 GMT
Hi

> Should the "dist" CI build produce these so we can
> take them directly from the CI system

That would be my favourite choice. That way we have a defined process which
is ideally free of manual work. Creating these artifacts should also be a
standard CI task, if possible, to make sure it works when we need it.

Aside from getting it reproducable, I personally have not ever in my life
used CPAN (to name just one). And I certainly don't want to do this, or deal
with 10 other languages' package managers that I don't know much about. I
can cover a few where I have appropriate knowledge, but not everything. And
I guess that this will be the case with most people around.

That's by the way also one reason why I didn't provide prebuilt libs. The
other reason is that they are not part of the official release binaries
anyway, at least that's how we did it in the past.

$0,02,
JensG

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----