thrift-dev mailing list archives

From "James E. King, III" <jk...@apache.org>
Subject Proposal: Retire the "Patch" submission method
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2017 14:01:36 GMT
We've been using github for a while now.  At this point everyone should be
expected to submit changes to the project through github.  Tickets in Jira
that have patches without a pull request experience significant delays.  I
would prefer to see the Jira option for "Patch Available" removed. Folks
can still attach documents to Jira items if they want for non-code related
issues, however most of the time (even for this change) having an
interactive review would be better/easier.

To that end I have taken a stab at rewriting the How to Contribute guide.
See:

https://github.com/jeking3/thrift/blob/c0203dc64c3684b76b2ff7a4d537f68b9b4fe3d5/CONTRIBUTING.md

I'd like to commit this so that the official page gets updated.  Let me
know.

- Jim