thrift-dev mailing list archives

From Isuru Haththotuwa <>
Subject Exception in SSL_read: Wrong Version Number
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2012 12:05:56 GMT
Hi all,

I'm in the process of learning thrift. I wrote a secure client in C++ to
connect to a thrift server, authenticated via SSL. First I wrote a single
threaded application, which ran without any issues. But, when I try to send
requests to the server concurrently with multiple threads, the program
fails with the following exception:

  what():  SSL_read: wrong version number
terminate called recursively*

Kindly let me know what is the issue here, and how should I avoid it.

Thanks and Regards,