thrift-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Klucar <klu...@psualum.com>
Subject js-node TCompactProtocol
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 22:11:59 GMT
Hello,

I've been working on adding support for TCompactProtocol to the node-js
Thrift package.  What I have so far is here:

https://github.com/klucar/node-thrift
(in the tcompact branch)

I wrote to Wade Simmons (the person that implemented the original node
stuff) and he suggested following the Python code, so that's what I've
done.  I'm having trouble with the varint encoding/decoding in javascript.
I've tried several methods, but I can't seem to get it. If anyone is a
Javascript binary guru, I'd appreciate any help you could offer.

Also, the zigzag methods seem to work, but only for integers in the 32-bit
range.

Thanks,
Jim