thrift-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Molinaro <antho...@alumni.caltech.edu>
Subject Re: AW: Use rebar with erlang code?
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 16:18:45 GMT

On Jun 18, 2011, at 1:44 AM, "Roger Meier" <roger@bufferoverflow.ch> wrote:

> HI Anthony,
>
> It absolutely makes sense to use a more suitable tool for a specific
> language, that's why we also have ant to build the java library.
>
> Some questions I have:
> - How do you bring in the VERSION to the rebar build process? Via
> Makefile.am as today?

I did the change in my local repo last night and the way this works is that I moved thrift.app.src
to thrift.app.src.in so I can substitute VERSION that way (so no weird sed just straight autoconf).

> - Could you also move the testsuite from test/erl/ to lib/erl/test ? See
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-35

That was the plan.  I was going to assume R13 or greater and convert the tests to eunit.
Is there a reason to leave some tests in test/erl?  It seemed like unit type tests would move
(so for instance the membuffer test but the test client/server would not?)

-Anthony