thrift-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Rosenblum <>
Subject Trees in Thrift
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 17:03:08 GMT
I was reading over the list archives and noticed what seems to be the most-recent discussion
there about trees / recursive datatypes in thrift here:

Wondering whether there has been any further discussion or progress on this. My current use
case is trying to send generic query restrictions / criteria to any number of thrift services.
I was thinking that sending something like an AST of the criteria expression would be one
way to do this. It would be much easier to do this with some sort of recursive datatype. Is
something like this suitable for thrift, and what would be the best way to satisfy this use
case if so?