thrift-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <>
Subject Re: Trying to add a 'DateTime' type in Thrift
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 14:36:06 GMT
The standard solution to putting a datetime in a Thrift object is to
store it as milliseconds since epoch in a i64. I think that adding an
actual DateTime type would be a huge amount of work, since it's
actually adding a whole new type to the system. You'd need to modify
the compiler for every language, as well as every protocol
implementation in every language.

Is there some use case you have that demands you to use DateTimes?

On Sep 1, 2009, at 2:38 AM, Raj Abhishek wrote:

> Hi,
> I needed to add a 'datetime' type for thrift. Can someone tell me
> where all I need to make changes for the same ?
> Regards,
> Raj Abhishek

View raw message