thrift-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Stevens <m...@alloysoft.com>
Subject Re: Objective-C 2.0
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 16:03:48 GMT
On May 29, 2009, at 3:41 PM, Andrew McGeachie wrote:

> All my personal and professional development is targeted at Leopard,
> which probably makes me biased, but I'm fine with requiring 10.5.
> Not sure how others feel.

After thinking about this a bit more I remembered that the property
definitions can just be wrapped by a platform-specific ifdef so the
code would only include properties if the platform supports it. This
avoids the need for an additional compiler option and the code will
just adapt.

I was thinking that supporting fast enumeration would be trickier, but
that may be possible through something like a T_FOR_IN macro as well.

Matt