thrift-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Evans <eev...@debian.org>
Subject Source distribution
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 02:44:34 GMT

Greetings,

As I mentioned in another email, I plan to package thrift for inclusion in
Debian. One concern I have with this is that taken as-is, there would be
one source package and some 10+ binary packages, and I have very little to
no experience with some of the languages these extensions target.

Has splitting the source tree ever been considered? Or maybe carving it up
when it comes time to create release tarballs? Doing so would allow distro
package maintainers to pick up the source packages that correspond to their
interests and expertise.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@debian.org