tcl-websh-user mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ronnie.brun...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: websh on Apache2
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:35:21 GMT
Hi Martin

> Which init script do you mean?

Well, your problem was solved, so there's no need to look at it ;-),
but for completeness: in the Apache config, you'll usually set the
WebshConfig directive to point to a config file, where you provide
your own version of web::interpmap. Obviously you can create infinite
loops there, which would result in some similar error, I guess. You
don't necessarily have to provide this config file, as there is a
built-in default, but as said: usually, you tweak your setup in
there.

> Executing "Make test" works well, "apachetest" doesn't. Debian
> installs packets in different folders than this script
> expects. Changing the wrong path in the script (Error message below)
> will produce a different error. On an older server running Debian4
> with Apache2, Tcl8.4 and websh-3.6.0b5 websh is working well but
> apachetest has the same behavior.
>
> root@chst2s143:~/websh-3.6.0b5/src/unix# make apachetest
> /bin/bash: line 8: /usr/local/share/tcltk: No such file or directory
> Please supply the full name and path of the Apache executable
> on the command line (or in the HTTPD_BIN environment variable):
> runtests.tcl /path/to/httpd
> make: *** [apachetest] Error 1

You can try running make providing the binary on the command line:

  make apachetest HTTPD_BIN=/path/to/your/httpd

configure and Makefile try some magic to find the http binary make
needs to run for the tests. Obviously, it's not magical enough for
your environment. If you can provide any change for the configure
script or Makefile so that the tests would work out-of-the-box, I'd
happily try to work them in...

Gruess us Züri :-)
Ronnie
--
Ronnie Brunner | ronnie.brunner@netcetera.ch |
phone +41-44-247 79 79 | fax +41-44-247 70 75 |