tcl-websh-user mailing list archives

From Lost One <the.lost...@yahoo.com>
Subject Http gzip content
Date Sat, 29 May 2010 09:14:14 GMT
Hi there,

After using and learning how websh works i started to like it although I still have much to
learn.
Most of the things like HTTP redirection, file transfer where resolved from learning how PHP
and other languages handle these..then finding how they work in websh.

I have a question, i have apache with mod_deflate and what i'm trying is to send a gzipped
content to the browser.. but it doesn't seem to work. When I try to send a gzipped content
to the page all i get is "Content Encoding Error
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported
form of compression."

What I do is this:
    web::response -set Content-Encoding "gzip"
    web::put [zlib gzip "<h1>Some simple gzipped content!</h1>" -level 9]

When i try zlib deflate i get the same thing.

You guys have any ideea how it's done? Or do I have to find a way to configure the gzip'ing
from the side of the apache?

Thanks in advance,
Clinciu Andrei