tcl-websh-user mailing list archives

From Lost One <>
Subject Http gzip content
Date Sat, 29 May 2010 09:14:14 GMT
Hi there,

After using and learning how websh works i started to like it although I still have much to
Most of the things like HTTP redirection, file transfer where resolved from learning how PHP
and other languages handle these..then finding how they work in websh.

I have a question, i have apache with mod_deflate and what i'm trying is to send a gzipped
content to the browser.. but it doesn't seem to work. When I try to send a gzipped content
to the page all i get is "Content Encoding Error
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported
form of compression."

What I do is this:
    web::response -set Content-Encoding "gzip"
    web::put [zlib gzip "<h1>Some simple gzipped content!</h1>" -level 9]

When i try zlib deflate i get the same thing.

You guys have any ideea how it's done? Or do I have to find a way to configure the gzip'ing
from the side of the apache?

Thanks in advance,
Clinciu Andrei

View raw message