tcl-websh-user mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <>
Subject Re: Http gzip content
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 07:51:18 GMT
> I have a question, i have apache with mod_deflate and what i'm trying is to send a gzipped
content to the browser.. but it doesn't seem to work. When I try to send a gzipped content
to the page all i get is "Content Encoding Error
> The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported
form of compression."
> What I do is this:
>     web::response -set Content-Encoding "gzip"
>     web::put [zlib gzip "<h1>Some simple gzipped content!</h1>" -level
> When i try zlib deflate i get the same thing.

Don't know what happens, but one issue might be that the standard
output channel is not set to binary (i.e. does some translation). Did
you try adding

    fconfigure [web::response] -translation binary

before your first [web::put]? On the other hand: did you try to check
what actually arrives on the browser side? Maybe a manual telnet to
your URL might reveal yet another problem.

Ronnie Brunner |
phone +41-44-247 79 79 | fax +41-44-247 70 75
Netcetera AG | 8040 Zürich | Switzerland |

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message