tcl-websh-user mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ronnie.brun...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: websh crash - possible cause
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:43:30 GMT
> It appears as though websh will crash if "logdest delete" is called on
> log destination that is a channel after closing the channel via Tcl's
> close command. In particular, test log-2.6 has the following sequence:
>    close $fh
>    web::logdest delete

Yes, web::logdest has a problem if the channel is closed. I'll be
looking at this in the next few days. Thanks for finding that one.

In the mean time: if you just put the [close $fh] statement after the
[web::logdest delete] statement in this test: does your setup still
crash? Do you get other errors?

> Please verify if that might the problem. Of course, that may or may not
> be the cause of the crashes you are seeing.

It is not the cause for my problems.

> Funnily enough on XP and Tcl 8.6 the test suite runs fine. I suppose it
> depends when that memory gets reused.

Yeah, probably. (I never had this test fail on my RedHat boxes either).

Ronnie
--
Ronnie Brunner | ronnie.brunner@netcetera.ch
phone +41-44-247 79 79 | fax +41-44-247 70 75