tcl-websh-user mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ronnie.brun...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: Cookie Based Sessions / Google Analytics
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:20:57 GMT
Hi

> > Does anyone have any idea why cookies with the leading underscores would
> > do this?
>
> Can you provide a sample that doesn't work (a list of cookies that are
> not read correctly)? Are you running mod_websh or websh in CGI? Which
> version? 3.6.0b4 or latest from repository? (Although nothing
> regarding cookies changed since 3.6.0b4 was changed.

Someone sent me an example and I could track down the problem: Google
Analytics sends cookies that contain '=' characters in the cookie
value. Websh assumed that '=' only separates cookie names from values
and tehrefore parsed the cookies not correctly in some cases.

Anyway: usually nobody want to know what the problem was, as long as
it's fixed now, therefore: it is fixed now :-)
Get the latest version from the repository to check it out if needed.

Regards
Ronnie
--
Ronnie Brunner | ronnie.brunner@netcetera.ch
phone +41-44-247 79 79 | fax +41-44-247 70 75