tcl-websh-user mailing list archives

From David McTavish <dmctav...@sandvine.com>
Subject RE: http body
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:20:01 GMT
I was also noticing this problem (perhaps its the http library, but I've
been using that successfully for over a year now with no problems).  Is it
necessary to add an authorization to the header if you are not using SSL?
I've never seen this as requirement otherwise before.
In order to duplicate the problem, I found that if I used the tcl http
library to POST a request to websh script, and that script attempted to
fetch the values using web::param instead of web::formvar, I would get the
artifacts that Jerry mentioned.

thx,
d.

-----Original Message-----
From: Philipp Kn├╝sel [mailto:philipp.knuesel@gmx.ch]
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 4:51 AM
To: Jerry Lam
Cc: websh-user@tcl.apache.org
Subject: Re: http body

Hi Jerry

I think this is a http question, no websh problem.

I used http against websh generated pages and it didn't show the effect
you describe. You may find this example usefull (it uses aswell
Authorization):

- example ---------------------

package require http
package require base64
proc buildHeader {username password} {
          return [list "Authorization" \
               [concat "Basic" [base64::encode $username:$password]]]
}
set url http://your-page
set tok [http::geturl $url -headers [buildHeader yourname yourpassword]]
puts [http::data $tok]