tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ronnie.brun...@netcetera.ch>
Subject i18n problems in Websh (multibyte charsets) (was Re: switching to apache)
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:00:22 GMT
Hi Taguchi

I tried to apply your patches, but it was not as straight forward as I
thought: lots of your changes (e.g. Tcl8.4 compliancy) have already
been solved in the HEAD version of Websh (your patch was against the
original websh3.5.0).

Now I have the following problems:
- I needed to modify the Makefile.in, because it would not compile
  anymore on Solaris (I can find out what to do there)
- The test suite does not work anymore: the web_out_eval_tag function
  does not work as expected. Did the tests work in your environment?
  (I'd be surprised). The way it looks: web::putx is broken when used
  recurrsively and escaping does not work the same anymore. -> the
  following tests fail:
  ==== putx-2.3 web::putx nested FAILED
  ==== putx-2.4 special syntax FAILED
  ==== putx-2.5 escaping FAILED
  ==== putx-2.6 escaped paren FAILED
  ==== putx-3.0d <? ?> syntax escaping FAILED
  ==== putx-3.1 nested <? ?> syntax FAILED
  ==== putx-3.2 gloabally switch to tag syntax FAILED
  ==== putx-3.3 gloabally switch back to normal eval syntax FAILED
  ==== putx-3.6 putx of empty string before first brace does not send headers FAILED
  ==== putx-3.7 putx of empty string before first brace does not send headers FAILED

-> Obviously there is some work needed to make that properly work. And
I'm not sure if I'll get to do it, but if you manage to make our tests
running, I wouldn't mind ;-)

I'll keep the issue open until either someone sends a solution or I
have time to look at it.

Best regards
Ronnie