tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: Logging in web::finalizer
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:47:39 GMT
> My tests worked mostly ;-) I did notice that when interpreters are
> cleaned up because the script is renewed, some log messages don't
> appear in the log file, but in the code I see (thanks to fprintf ;-)
> that the logging is called. Might be something with multiple handles
> on the same log file and flushing or something. I'll check on that.
>
> > I'm clearly in favour of solution 4, but i'm afraid this alone won't
> > fix the bug.
>
> Yep, seems to be the way to go (in addtion to solving the rest of the
> problem).

Have you tried the "-unbuffered" for your logdest (i.e. the file you
log to)? I got all the messages when I switched output to unbuffered.

The problem seems to be that interpreters are buffering and they have
their own handle on the log file -> they overwrite each other if
channels are not flushed, even in a non-multithreaded environment.

Can you please check if you get all messages? Please note that it is
also not very transparent if you have more than one child (i.e. apache
processes) serving requests. It's kind of difficult to manually follow
if you have all the expected messages...

Regards
Ronnie