tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: Logging in web::finalizer
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:59:40 GMT
Hi Ulrich

> as you can see from the short example I mailed you, I redefined the
> web::ap::perReqCleanup proc to do nothing. This does allow me to
> define the log destination and filters in the initializer, but it does _not_
> enable logging in the finalizer. It's obviously not enough to move/remove
> this proc.

My tests worked mostly ;-) I did notice that when interpreters are
cleaned up because the script is renewed, some log messages don't
appear in the log file, but in the code I see (thanks to fprintf ;-)
that the logging is called. Might be something with multiple handles
on the same log file and flushing or something. I'll check on that.

> I'm clearly in favour of solution 4, but i'm afraid this alone won't
> fix the bug.

Yep, seems to be the way to go (in addtion to solving the rest of the
problem).

Regards
Ronnie