tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject xsl updates
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:01:12 GMT

Hi guys,

I have been doing some improvements to the Rivet XML/XSL, and thought
that you might be interested.  I don't have time to update Websh
myself at the moment, but let me see if I can list some of the
differences:

I think I have finally worked out the arg and group tags to work
better.  rivet.xml has examples of how I use these.  group now will
group multiple args in ( | | ) containers, for example.

I've also changed how the programlisting tags work.  They aren't
perfect, in that whitespace handling is troublesome - some places you
want it to count, and in others you don't.  I think it might require
some deep xsl hacking to really get right, if it's possible.

I have improved the style (at least I think so).  Have a look at
http://tcl.apache.org/rivet/docs/index.html and see what you think.

Feel free to ask any more questions about what is going on.  Learning
docbook has been a long process, and some things still aren't entirely
clear to me as to the best way to do them, but I think the current
rivet.xml and rivet.xsl reflect the current 'best effort', and should
be emulated.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/