tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: slowly getting there ... websh 3.5.0
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 22:59:16 GMT
Ronnie Brunner <ronnie@netcetera.ch> writes:

> Is there a way to include this file from the net? I tried to do it
> but I just get an error:

> Attempt to load network entity
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.48/html/chunk.xsl
> compilation error: file quickref.xsl line 27 element import
> xsl:import : unable to load
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.48/html/chunk.xsl

Looks like it's not loading it.  You did kill the --nonet, right?
(it's late at night there, so I thought I'd ask).  Doing it off the
net is probably the best thing now that I'm no longer working on it
heavy duty... it was *really* slow to work on even over dsl.

> Or is there something like a "library path" that can contain
> multiple paths, so xsl import statements can be relative?

Yes, but it's a real pain, and I never got it working.

> As for the rest, what needs to be done:
>
> - src/ChangeLog needs some latest fixes + the release info
>
> - the completed source needs to be taged

I'll let you do this since you've done it before.

> - tar balls have to be made with makedist

You want the honors?

> - the site must be updated to the latest cvs version

I can do this.

> - the two tar balls need to go to the download directory
>   websh/download

Whoever does the tarball can do this.

> - an unpacked version of the quickref has to go to websh/quickref

It's alread there.  I put it in CVS.  That way all committers can keep
it up to date instead of just us two, who have access to the live
site.

> (btw: I don't like the "losing the branding" thing on quickref, but
> I have no quick alternative)

The best thing would be to make some really fantastic stylesheets that
keep it, or at least point back to the site, but... that's beyond me
at this point and with the time I have.

> - make sure the server is configured so that it shows a directory
> index in websh/download

> - go online
>
> - finish the press release
>
> - setup the redirect on websh.ch and websh.com
>
> - announce
>
> - relax and enjoy the weekend ;-)

I will try and get to this stuff tonight, but lately my girlfriend has
been pretty ticked-off when I go near the computer in the evening!

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/