tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: cvs commit: tcl-websh/doc quickref.xml
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 18:14:41 GMT
Ronnie Brunner <ronnie@netcetera.ch> writes:

> > Argh - you can't do that:-(
>
> *@#"%*: didn't someone tell me that we should change all the stuff
> to the <option> syntax? I though we'd dumped that <arg> syntax.  Now
> it finally looks decent (i.e with spaces between arguments)

*Outside* of cmdsynopsis, you need to use <option>.  *Inside*, you
have to use <arg choice="opt">.  I don't like it either - it's
inconsistent.

It looks decent - I guess we could ship, because the HTML is ok, but
it won't validate.

> Well, I'm already writing the mail that I'm happy now and we could
> go tagging, but obviously this was all for nothing. Can you give me
> a *proper* example of how a command should look like with all the
> possibilities of required, optional, and replaceable arguments?

> I'll have to look at it tomorros, cause I gotta run...

I'll see about merging in the good parts of the change, backing out
the others, and fixing it up so that it reports the proper characters,
although I too might not have time till tommorow.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/