tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: press release: how to proceed
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 17:23:24 GMT
Ronnie Brunner <ronnie@netcetera.ch> writes:

> How do we proceed regarding the announcement of rivet and Websh?

Well, first of all, I want to run it by the Apache people, just to
make sure everything is cool with them.

> - where to post?

apachetoday.com (or whatever it's called)
lwn.net
slashdot.org
linuxtoday.com

are the ones I'm familiar with.

there are some others, like businesswire, that seem to accept press
releases.  If you have any Swiss and/or German language sites, that
might be appropriate too.  Maybe the Apache press guys (or gal,
actually) has some other ideas.

> - when to post?

Not over the weekend:-)  Maybe next Tuesday?

> - separate for Rivet and Websh?

Yes.  I'll do that a little later, when I actually have a tarball to
put on the site.

> - separate for Tcl Apache Group?

What do you mean?

> I have not really much experience in these things. As of next Monday
> Simon will be back from vacation: I hope that he will find time to
> migrate our old mailing list (there, we'll certainly have a separate
> mail anyway)

> Any plans?

I will send the press release off to the Apache Press guys today and
see what they have to say, and we'll go from there, with the idea of
sending it early next week.  Oh - one other thing - I'd like to get
the log analysis software going before we do it, so we can see the
effects:-)

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/