tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: slowly getting there ... websh 3.5.0
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 07:49:25 GMT
> > Is there a way to include this file from the net? I tried to do it
> > but I just get an error:
>
> > Attempt to load network entity
> > http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.48/html/chunk.xsl
> > compilation error: file quickref.xsl line 27 element import
> > xsl:import : unable to load
> > http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.48/html/chunk.xsl
>
> Looks like it's not loading it.  You did kill the --nonet, right?
> (it's late at night there, so I thought I'd ask).  Doing it off the
> net is probably the best thing now that I'm no longer working on it
> heavy duty... it was *really* slow to work on even over dsl.

I never (consiously) changed/killed anything. I'll try again. Loading
over the net would be my choice as well.

> > Or is there something like a "library path" that can contain
> > multiple paths, so xsl import statements can be relative?
>
> Yes, but it's a real pain, and I never got it working.

Ok: not now.

> > As for the rest, what needs to be done:
> >
> > - src/ChangeLog needs some latest fixes + the release info
> >
> > - the completed source needs to be taged
>
> I'll let you do this since you've done it before.
>
> > - tar balls have to be made with makedist
>
> You want the honors?

Unless there is a veto from somewhere ...

> > - the site must be updated to the latest cvs version
>
> I can do this.
>
> > - the two tar balls need to go to the download directory
> >   websh/download
>
> Whoever does the tarball can do this.
>
> > - an unpacked version of the quickref has to go to websh/quickref
>
> It's alread there.  I put it in CVS.  That way all committers can keep
> it up to date instead of just us two, who have access to the live
> site.

so we just have to check in the latest version to tcl-site. that's good.
Why don't we check in the downloads as well? (Could only be a problem
of size and speed when working on the site. Is it relevant?)

> > (btw: I don't like the "losing the branding" thing on quickref, but
> > I have no quick alternative)
>
> The best thing would be to make some really fantastic stylesheets that
> keep it, or at least point back to the site, but... that's beyond me
> at this point and with the time I have.

my words

> > - make sure the server is configured so that it shows a directory
> > index in websh/download
>
> > - go online
> >
> > - finish the press release
> >
> > - setup the redirect on websh.ch and websh.com
> >
> > - announce
> >
> > - relax and enjoy the weekend ;-)
>
> I will try and get to this stuff tonight, but lately my girlfriend has
> been pretty ticked-off when I go near the computer in the evening!

Don't tell me :-)