tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: Last tweaks for the tar ball and documentation
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 17:11:14 GMT
> > - the doc/Makefile doesn't create a quickref.html anymore. This
> > shuld be reintroduced, because otherwise the web page doesn't work
> > (needs to be added to the download directory of the site in a single
> > file named quickref.html)
>
> I created a directory html/ which is populated with all the different
> files.  quickref is pretty big, and I thought it would be best to be
> able to download seperate files.

The only problem is that this way, quickref.ws3 from tcl-site/websh
does not work: it asks for /websh/download/quickref.html which is the
complete file as we used to have it.

> > - Is there a simple way to generate quickref.txt as well?
>
> We could generate one big quickref.html and use lynx or links to
> translate it to text.

As in your other mail: having multiple files not linked: yuck -> if
anything, a single file makes sense. (I don't really see the problem
of it being too big. Better a big file than no file ;-)

> Is it ok if we just dump the examples altogether, with the idea that
> the ones from the site will be included at some future date?

this is taken care of by makedist

-> the only open issue for me is the make in the doc subdirectory.
All the rest is ok for me, unless you have some more issues.