tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject new tool for tarball: makedist
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 17:06:33 GMT
I wrote a little script makedist (in the top level directory) that
should help us create custome tar balls for distribution.

The advantage: it takes a tagged version from the repository -> it
should be very reproducible as long as no one plays around with tags
after a release (which is usually the case ;-)

Test it as follows:

     makedist 3.X.0

(This is a dummy tag I created for test puroposes only (it's already
not the head version of every file anymore.)

We'll simply have to tag with websh-3_5_0 once we're ready and
everything is committed:

    cvs tag websh-3_5_0

(Just have to make sure that the working revision is really
uptodate. After that makdist 3.5.0 will create the tar ball)

Things to know/do:

- it excludes the CVS directories

- it excludes the examples directories

- any other changes can be made to the source before it gets tar'ed
  (see script ## do some cleanup)

- the documentation is no tproperly included yet (but that's only
  because I can't "make" the docs without changing something in the
  xsl file).