tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: tarball / ncabuild
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 18:41:20 GMT
> > As I suggested in the mail I sent you directly: I could work on that
> > on Friday if we can wait that long... One of the things I'd try to
> > do is to adapt our ncabuild tool, so we can create semi-automatic
> > builds for websh. And if we can fix the version number issues
> > (consistency + naming) I'd be happier to release ...
>
> Is that tool something you would be comfortable open sourcing? It
> sounds like it could be quite handy - or is it very specific to your
> environment?

I'll have to think about it. What I'd do is to create a tools subdir,
add ncabuild in merged source (which is not very readable, but it's still
source), not distribute it in the distributions and just leave it "as
is". Does that conform with the ASF? What if there is still the
Netcetera copyright in the script?

BTW: It's not very specific to our env. Only thing it will change: a
top level Makfile with the build rule only and a top level file
"version" which is a Tcl script that contains all build info (version
number, date, files, etc ...)