tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: tarball
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:05:23 GMT
> Here you are...  it seems to work ok on my system, but it's likely it
> would:-)

It works on my system too!

I do have some minor change requests however (just to make it look the
way other source tar balls look):

- naming: websh-3.5.0.tar.gz

- should contain (create) websh-3.5.0 directory (not tcl-websh)

- should not include the CVS directories

- in any case: when really creating the tar we *must* tag the
  repository, so we know what's in the source tar ball. I'll think of
  an automatic way for the future. For now I suggest:

    cd path/to/tcl-websh
    cvs tag websh-3_5_0

  Note that tag names can't contain '.', that's why the '_' come in.

I think that's it from my side.