tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: web::getfilename
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 16:24:55 GMT
> How does the idea of
>
> proc web::getfilename {filename} {
>     return [file join [file dirname [web::config script]] $filename]
> }
>
> strike you guys?  I think this could be a huge stumbling block for
> people ("how do I load a ^*&^ file!?"), and having it built in would
> be helpful...

I don't really see what you get with this. (What do you mean by "load
a file"?) The rpoble is that it might be confused with an accessor to
the path in the file system from a "URL" on the server: e.g. something
like from "/index.html" to "/my/path/to/docs/index.html", but that's
not what it's about (in this case it would actually return
/index.x.html).

If you really talk about loading such as [load $file] or
[source $file], I don't think that people need much help: they either
use absolute paths or they know how to deal with [web::config script]
or similar.

But I might be missing the point ...

Ronnie