tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: Status development websh3.5 and documentation
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 01:24:29 GMT
Ronnie Brunner <ronnie@netcetera.ch> writes:

>   - Split Command dispatching and session management into two chapters

>   - *Only* have the commands as subchapters (except for the
>   introduction chapter) I don't know if that scales, but I'd like to
>   have a cleaner Contents section

How do you mean, exactly?

A Content section with only the Section headings?  Like so:

        Introduction
        Configuration
        Command dispatching and session management

>   - This would actually imply that the examples have to be moved
>   somehow (either create an examples section at the end and link the
>   different chapters to the examples)

Why?

>   - Move the general description stuff to the beginning of the
>   respective section (e.g. in the Command dispatching section the
>   stuff about the cmdurlcfg)

Sounds good.  We will also have a small 'recipes' section.

> - Documentation is not uptodate. e.g. web::cmdurlcfg still describes
>   the -protocol option

Ok, this is a list I think we can partially compile from the bug
tracking system.

web::response -select default should set the default channel

wrong default scheme in cmdurl (?)

Change semantic of web::putx

web::cmdurl -notimestamp: make configurable in web:::config

web::context invalidation

web::filecontext: -path is mandatory

web::log shouldn't subst by default

web::request -reset shouldn't reset all paramaters

new web::putx stuff

Will look into these tommorow.

--
David N. Welton