tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: Status development websh3.5 and documentation
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 10:11:18 GMT
Ronnie Brunner <ronnie@netcetera.ch> writes:

> What are the paths we need to provide?

> - server root (env(SERVER_ROOT) if it exists in CGI case, "" otherwise)
> - document root (env(DOCUMENT_ROOT) if it exiss in CGI case, "" otherwise)
> - mod_websh config dir/file ("" in CGI case)
> - interpclass path (path of CGI-executable == [pwd] in CGI case)
> - actual path to script requested (SCRIPT_FILENAME or PATH_TRANSLATED
>   or something ...)

The thing I don't like about this is that we don't use 'env' for other
things.  Like HTTPS, for instance...  I think we should be consistent,
and provide either a command or a tcl variable.

> > > - The documentation still sucks (oops, xcuse my language)

> > I agree, but there's a lot of it:-( I've spent a lot of hours
> > wading through it, and it seems like it never ends...

> Don't tell me, I know what it is like :-( But we still need to
> improve. Suggestions on how to divide the work?

Well, I think I'm close to having the structural changes done.  At
that point, we should at least have something we can work with as far
as the information contained being done up right.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/