tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: web site
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:46:40 GMT
Ronnie Brunner <ronnie@netcetera.ch> writes:

> > This is necessary for every page, but I've got most of the web
> > site up and running on my computer.

> > source [file join [file dirname [web::request SCRIPT_FILENAME]] websh.com.gen]

> I don't see why this should be necessary: setting up mod_websh would
> look something like (in the WebshConfig file):

>   proc web::interpmap {file} {
>      return [file join [file dirname [web::request SCRIPT_FILENAME]] websh.com.gen]
>   }

>   web::interpclasscfg [file join [file dirname [web::request SCRIPT_FILENAME]] websh.com.gen]
maxrequests 0

> This sets up one single interpreter class for all requests.

We will do this on tcl.apache.org, but the reason I didn't do
something similar immediately is this:

How to set up a testing environment that does not affect other websh
pages being run on my system.  I got bit by this when setting up the
tcl.apache.org test site on my computer.

What I ended up doing is having a 'common.tcl' file that is loaded at
child init time on the live site, and loaded before each request on my
box.

This way, it is also easier to change code there without having to
restart things all the time.

I'm not sure what the easiest/cleanest way to do this in Websh is,
though.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/