tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: web::config for mod_websh paths
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:16:55 GMT
> proc web::interpmap {file} {
>     puts stderr [web::config script]
>     return howdydoodee
> }
>
> doesn't seem to have any effect at all...

Well, I know! When I added the web::config stuff, I realized, that
in the main interpreter, we don't have the web::config command anyway
-> this stuff is mainly usefull to configure the actual applications
(since there you don't want to bother with changing absolute paths).

in the WebshConfig File, you still have to do this stuff manually: In
your case, what you need to do is:

Add a handler for websh (e.g. extension .ws3) and then you can
(optionally) add a WebshConfig that overwrites web::interpmap.

In you example: the WebshConfig file should throw an error, sionce
web::config is unknown. Without that line, it'll generate a Server
Error 500, since howdydoodee is not a valid interpreter class (i.e. no
Websh3 file).

What's the problem with interfereing with other stuff? Could it be
that the current Websh handler is setup for *.html? Couldn't you add
the handler in a <Directory> clause? This would route e.g. /websh/*
files to mod_websh only.

... Sorry for not being very constructive here, I don't really know what
you're trying to do ...