tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From Ronnie Brunner <ron...@netcetera.ch>
Subject Re: web::config for mod_websh paths
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:09:12 GMT

> > Have an accessor in web::config that sets up these vars at startup
> > time for mod_websh and at request time for CGI (which is good enough
> > there).
>
> Accessing it through web::config isn't that hot, either, because it's
> not really a global config option.

Yes, but so are [web::config version] and [web::config copyright] ->
we don't mess up anything that's not messed up yet anyway.

> > -> a common accessor in cfg.c with specific implementations in
> > modwebsh_ap.c and modwebsh_cgi.c respectively should do the trick.
>
> Maybe we could do something sneaky with iPtr->scriptFile in Tcl
> itself?  Too clever, probably...

I would access stuff like

  [web::config mod_websh]    : conf->scriptName
  [web::config server_root]  : ap_server_root
  [web::config interpclass]  : id (interpool.c:320) (only within a request)
  [web::config doument_root] : ap_document_root(request_rec *r)

This seems the most straight forward approach to me.