tcl-websh-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: ap_chdir_file(r->filename);
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 21:01:23 GMT
Ronnie Brunner <ronnie@netcetera.ch> writes:

> > > So we might have to provide these accessors already. How about
> > > some additions to web::config such as serverdir (Apache
> > > ServerRoot), documentroot (Apache DocumentRoot), pooldir
> > > (directory of current interppool), confdir (Apache WebshConfig)

> > > Does that make sense?

> > Yes... but... won't this introduce a split between mod_websh
> > powered app's and CGI apps?  I think the cwd should be where the
> > file is located, but I'm not sure how to work around the threading
> > problem, and am currently investigating.

> I wouldn't mind having websh just return an empty string in the CGI
> case for the unknown paths. Actually: some servers (e.g. Apache ;-)
> do put these paths into the CGI environment, so we could try to
> access them from the environment within websh3: DOCUMENT_ROOT,
> SERVER_ROOT, [file dirname $env(SCRIPT_FILENAME)] ...

Environmental variables aren't used elsewhere in WebSH, even when they
are made available through the server.  I don't think we should make
an exception just for this.

> Apopos investigating the threading stuff: how does Apache 2 handle
> CGI?

Sets it up and launches it... since it's a seperate process, it's not
as problematic.

> Per definition, the cwd of the cgi process is the directory in which
> the cgi resides.

Currently having a look to see what PHP does.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/